Saturday, August 18, 2007

Stranger In a Strange "New" World


Click the small arrow in the corner to stay on this page while watching.

I remember the first time I found this simple, yet hauntingly beautiful clip. I couldn't stop watching it. The melancholy, yet powerful song stirred something deep within me. I have to admit it was a deep, painful longing for a world I had really never known. My eyes misted. I couldn't stop watching it. I went and found the lyrics for it. here they are:

A Perfect Circle - A Stranger Lyrics

Cast the calming apple
Up and over satellites
To draw out the timid wild one
To convince you it's alright
And I listen for the whisper
Of your sweet insanity
while I formulate
Denials of your affect on me

You're a stranger
So what do I care
You vanish today
Not the first time I hear
All the lies

What am I to do with all this silence
Shy away, shy away phantom
Run away terrified child
Won't you move away
you %$@#&*! tornado
I'm better off without you
Tearing my world down

_____________________________________________________

This song is very in tune with my brooding mood at this time.

Its hard to explain. The feeling is a sweet, painful, righteous, longing and sorrow. Feeling it feels... right... as in appropriate... in order. Because in feeling it I know that I cannot but move to the unction of things on my heart. It motivates me. And that feels good and right.

1 comment:

Andrew Kenny said...

Thanks Scott for the post.
Andrew